- Over a period of three days, you and a team of multi-disciplinary scientists will work collaboratively to come up with the next big idea in chemistry. You can focus on a particular application or propose an idea to shift the paradigm – it is up to you! As long as you can relate it back to the theme, there are no ideas too big or too small.
- We know that graduate students and postdoctoral fellows have very busy schedules – and we know how hard it is to stay out of the lab all day. The event will therefore require only a few hours of formal programming each day. The remainder of the time will be dependent on your team’s scheduling.
- There are also $300 worth of cash prizes available to the winning team, lots of free food, and opportunities to network with our panel of industry judges!
We know what you’re thinking – your work is hard enough, why take on another project?
- Sciathon is about flexing your creative muscles, working with a team, and packaging an idea succinctly for an academic and entrepreneurial audience.
- It is about getting outside of the research laboratory and imagining what you could do if you had no limits.
- It’s about making friends, learning about other chemical disciplines, and bragging rights (not to mention winning some cool prizes!).
- It is also a great opportunity to gain experience in collaboration and leadership (which you can put on your resume!).
Graduate students and postdoctoral fellows spend years in their positions – spend these three days having fun and gaining valuable skills that you can put on your resume!